From the Land of Sky Blue Waters

No, this isn't a blog about Hamms Beer. It's a blog about me, Anne. I'm a Montana girl who now calls Minnesota home. I'm missing the mountains and my family but loving the lakes and Peter. I wanted a way for everyone to keep tabs on me. So voila mon blog.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wii Wish You a Merry Christmas

Pete and I decided this year that instead of buying each other gifts, we were going to go together to get something bigger. We debated a bunch of stuff. Kitchen stuff was out because we have NO space until we move into a house. I proposed some art, but Pete said, "What if when we move we don't have a wall for it?" Apparently he's planning to move us into a wall-less house. So we went around and around with it and guess where we ended up? That's right, we're the proud owners of a new Nintendo Wii and Zelda game.

We got up at 7:00 this morning to head over to Bloomington Target. They had already handed out all of their precious tickets. So we enjoyed some Caribou and made the drive to scenic Burnsville. There we drove by the Target and found the same deal. We decided as a last ditch effort to head across the road. We went to the Toys-R-Us. We were number 15 out of 21 tickets, and they let us wait in the entryway, which was frickin' sweet! We were there for about an hour, and had a little to much together time with a few odd people, but it all worked out in the end. Pete said it was like having a golden ticket. That makes me want to burst into song from the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

As I type, my uber-geek Peter is playing Wii baseball, alternating between showing me his best Neshek and saying "need some support runs here." :) So I guess he's enjoying it. Anyone who wants to come over here and geek it up with Pete is more than welcome. I think we might be picking up some Super Monkey Ball pretty soon, too.

We also got some snow today. Very nice!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger MikeyB said…

    woo woo woo...You got Pete up at 7am? Now that's amazing. BTW I need to come over and play some Wii sometime.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger pete said…

    It was amazing. You have to try this out. Fun as all hell.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger anne elizabeth fern said…

    Yeah. Pete is one grumpy son of a pup before 10 am on the weekends. You're welcome anytime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home